Week of Jan. 16th, 2017
- REMINDERS AND INFORMATION:
- WORD WORK:
- Every Monday, students are assigned a list of words and a READING TOPIC. The word work is to be completed in Language Arts class on Monday and then for homework during the week. There is a test on Friday and students may be called for reading throughout the week. The following parts make up this assignment:
- Complete sheets assigned to help internalize the meaning, spelling and use of the words as well as to practice a specific spelling rule or concept
- Read the passage and practice it for reading fluency (THIS IS OUR HOME READING PROGRAM – students should read the passage out loud to a parent several times during the week)
- Look up vocabulary words, write down and practice the meaning and create a sentence using the word to show it’s meaning
- Learn to spell the assigned words on the spelling list (usually 10-12 words)
- FUN FRIENDS PROGRAM:
- Some students have had parts of the FUN FRIENDS PROGRAM in other grades so we are working to review and complete the program with all students this term. The grade 6 students are working on the program with Mrs. Hale-D’Aoust in the grade 6/7 classroom and I am teaching the program to the grade 5’s. Every couple of weekends, students will bring home their Fun Friends book to complete the parent portion of the program. Grade 5 families, please complete the following:
- Review pages 1-6
- Fill in p. 7 with your family
- Choose an extra activity from pages 8 or 9
- Discuss p. 10
- Return the book by next FRIDAY please
MONDAY – Hot lunch for those who ordered – Assembly at 8:45. Landon and Nick are recognized for showing the virtue of courage.
Drama Club at lunch time
TUESDAY – G5 music – G6 FRENCH
Grade 6 – French test on CAFÉ OLOL Vocabulary and conversation
WEDNESDAY – G5 French and music – G6 French and band.
Pizza orders due
THURSDAY – Grade 6 BAND, Grade 5 French
MATH TEST ON CONVERTING PERCENTAGE, FRACTIONS AND DECIMALS. Concepts can be practiced using links on my website cgramlich.weebly.com.
SCHOOL MASS – wear crested item. EARLY DISMISSAL.
FRIDAY – Prayer celebration by grade 3 on the virtue of courage
SPELLING AND VOCAB TEST ON WORD WORK FOR THIS WEEK.
HOOPS FOR HEART EVENT AT SCHOOL
Pizza for those who have ordered.
Friday Feb 3rd – FIELD TRIP TO MEMORIAL MUSEUM – down town Kelowna and skating at Stuart Park. We will need parent drivers for this event. (Leave OLOL at 10:15am – skate at Stuart Park from 10:45 – 11:45 am. Eat lunch at Memorial museum 12 – 12:30 pm. Vimy Ridge tour and activity 12:30 – 1:30 pm Return to OLOL by 2:15 pm. Parents who drive do not need to stay for the day but if you are able to, it would be great.
Tuesday Feb. 21st – GRADE 6 STUDENTS ONLY – field trip to Global School House – Kelowna. We are hoping to take the bus for this field trip. More details to follow.